Today, getting a manicure and pedicure is as simple as walking down the street. Nail salons are on every corner however many complain that the services are sub par, from bad customer service, sub standard products and services that end faster than you can say MANICURE. But hold on, all is not lost, getting quality nail care services is possible and doesn’t have to break the bank.
The key to success is finding a licensed nail technician with the skills and services you require. With the rise of Social Media it has become the new norm to finding what you need. Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest are great ways to meet nail professionals. Word of mouth is still one of the best tactics, so when you receive fabulous services tell your family and friends. Your technician will love you for it and may even give you a referral discount.
While some people can afford to go to the nail salon regularly, some are on more strict budgets. Don’t despair, help is on the way and your nail care maintenance doesn’t have to suffer. Here are a few tips to keep your nails in excellent shape until you can see a licensed nail care professional.
* Get a 220 grit file, this is great for natural nails. Just remember to file from the outside towards the center. (Do not file going back and forth in a sawing motion as it will cause your nails to tear and break.)
* Push back cuticles with an orangewood stick or cuticle pusher. (Do not cut live tissue as it will cause nails to split and create hangnails)
* Get a yellow block buffer to smooth out nails and buff downward towards the free edge.
* Invest in a great base and top coat. Seche Vite is great brand.
* Use cuticle oil, as it prevents dry, brittle, peeling nails. CND makes one of the best on the market, Solar Oil.
Example of Char’s work.
If you are in need of an incredible licensed nail tech, please contact Char Miller at 773.491.3801 – Nail tips provided courtesy of Char Miller.