7 Tips for Preparing for Your Fall Photo Session
We are ready to help you prepare for your Fall photo session. Fall is one of the most popular months of the year for portrait sessions and probably my favorite of all. After all, nature is doing its thing with all those vibrant colors, plus you get a chance to really play up your wardrobe with accessories in the crisp weather. You can rock boots, vests, sweaters, scarves, and hats. Yes, it’s time to make your fall photos ROCK!
1. Make use of accessories and clothing that play up the feeling of fall. For example, opt for leather boots, cable knit scarves, and comfy cardigans that look amazing on the whole family and can really bring a picture to life. Tip: neutrals do really well in the fall against all that foliage. My favorite fall colors include burgundy, navy, and burnt orange.
2. Timing is everything. Start paying attention to that shift in weather as summer melts into fall. Once the leaves start changing, call up your photog (that’s me) and book a session. I know that I like to plan fall sessions, so chances are I’ve got a session ready for you.
3. Location is everything. If it’s autumn, you better believe we’re playing outside in the gorgeous weather. I have a lot of locations to choose from that have particularly pretty backdrops. I’m also open to your suggestions.
4. Plan for a mid-afternoon to an early-evening session, when the light is just gorgeous. The days are shorter in the fall, so we need to plan accordingly for the best timing.
5. Play in the environment. Chances are there are leaves on the ground or a few flower buds lingering around. I may have you throw leaves up into the air or something similar. Remember, this shoot is all about capturing your family bond and having fun, so let loose and get into the season!
6. Pack the necessities. It can get chilly in autumn, so you may want to bring some necessities on hand. I recommend lip balm, moisturizer, warm packs for your hands, tissues, and, of course, warm apparel. You may even want to bring a caramel apple cider from Starbucks to sip on (another great prop).
7. Wear comfortable shoes and accessories. Since we’re going to be outside, we’ll probably do lots of walking. If those boots look amazing but kill your feet, scratch them. If the scarf looks adorable on Timmy, but it scratches his face and makes him unhappy, it’s better left at home.
So there you have my top 7 tips to help you prepare for your fall photo session. Get into it and create memories that will last forever. We are here and ready to begin planning a fall photo session for YOU. In fact, we have a fall mini session special coming up in October. Book your spot today CLICK HERE. We can’t wait to hear from YOU!