Give Your Real Estate Listing a BOOST
Who would have guessed that the Real Estate market would be so hot for so long? As soon as many homes are hitting the market they are gone. In fact, I’ve seen images of lines outside of a home as agents with clients are impatiently waiting their turn. With the changes of the past year due to covid 19, we’ve all had to adjust how we do business. Floor plans may be just what home sellers and Real Estate agents need to give your listing a boost.
More than ever before, there is great scrutiny to listings in an effort to save time. Images and floor plans are playing a critical role when home buyers are determining which houses to view. I have first hand knowledge because we just purchased a home in the middle of a pandemic while moving across the country. We had one weekend to find a home (I felt like we were on the HGTV show “House in A Hurry”) and didn’t have time to waste on a home that didn’t fit the bill.
Realtors are key
Now let me first say, having a realtor is extremely important. Their job is to listen to your desires and eliminate homes that don’t meet the criteria and location that you desire. We had an amazing realtor, Carmicia Booth of CKG Realty in the Triad, and she was EVERYTHING. She only sent us listings to review that worked for us. What made the process even better was seeing the flow of the home. Yes, the pictures were extremely important too, but I wanted to see which room connected to the other and how the home flowed. Without a floor plan, this was next to impossible. In fact, we eliminated a few homes because we couldn’t tell the layout of the home.
Floor Plan details
So allow me to share a few facts. This is how much floor plans make a difference (just in case you weren’t feeling my personal story).
Floor plans will definitely will help your listing stand out. Along with amazing images, they add value to the overall listing, helping clients visualize the flow of the home.
- According to Zillow, floor plans are the 2nd most important feature on a listing and correlates highly with capturing potential leads.
- 1 in 10 buyers said that they would never arrange to view a property if they had not seen a floor plan first, with many more indicating that they would be less likely to view (source: Rightmove.com).
- 1 in 5 possible buyers would ignore a listing that does not contain a floor plan (source: Rightmove.com).
- Adding a floor plan to a real estate listing can increase click-throughs from buyers by 52% (source: Rightmove.com).
- With more than 90% of home buyers searching online for properties, floor plans and virtual tours rank highest as the ‘very useful’ features, according to a National Association of REALTORS® survey.
You NEED Floor Plans
So there you have it. Even in a hot market, it’s important to make sure that you place the best possible marketing together when listing a home to ensure that it flies off the market and gets top dollar. Yes, you need a professional real estate photographer (that’s me) to take amazing pictures of the home. You also need a professional real estate photographer that can provide a detailed floor plan (that takes less than 6 minutes for most homes). And yes, I said 6 minutes. I know time is of the essence and I work with an industry leader that does it like no one else!
So say it with me, I need a floor plan with every listing. I will include a floor plan with every home I sell. Yes, you did it and I’m here for it. I’ve made it super simple to book your next listing shoot by clicking HERE!